Community Rules & Etiquette and Privacy Guidelines
Welcome to the Fair Trade Federation Member Hub! The Hub is your community—a place to learn, share experiences, and participate in ongoing conversations with other Fair Trade Federation members.
Please take a moment to review these basic guidelines for participation. Our goal is to create a community that reflects fair trade values and offers the best possible experience for all members. By participating in the FTF online community, you agree to follow these guidelines.
Questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Respectful conversations as a force for positive change
- Posts and comments are meant to stimulate engaging conversations for the advancement of fair trade. It’s important to let others have their say, just as you may have yours.
- Discussions are most helpful when they add to the overall body of knowledge. Posts and comments that work against this goal may be removed at the discretion of FTF moderators.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate lists or libraries. Do not spam several lists or libraries with the same message.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see and know came from you.
Community building and support
- The FTF Member Hub offers members an innovative way to build their businesses and support the fair trade community. Discussions grounded in trust, moral support, cooperation, and a sense of belonging will allow our community to become stronger individually and as a whole.
- Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them. Please don't post commercial messages.
- Use caution and respect when discussing individuals, members, or products. Information posted on the lists and in the libraries is available for all to see.When you post, you assume responsibility for what you say about others.
- Remember that other participants have the right to reproduce postings to this site unless you specify otherwise.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Subject lines—be as clear as possible about the topic of your post. This allows members to respond appropriately to your posting and makes it easier to search the archives by subject.
- Include a signature tag on all messages with your name, affiliation, and location. You can edit your signature tag by going to your Profile/My Account/Discussion Signature.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from. Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to the person who posted the message. Do this by selecting Reply to Sender from the Reply to Discussion drop-down menu to the right of each message.
- If you need help configuring your profile (updating your email address, changing your email preferences, etc.), check our out our FAQs under the Getting Started tab. If you need more assistance, contact the FTF at email@example.com Please don’t post administrative messages such as “change my email address” to the Hub.
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the members of the Fair Trade Federation (FTF). The FTF is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We are not liable for any damages resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use of any information posted on this site.
The following are prohibited:
- Defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials.
- Information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party represents that he or she has permission to do.
- Messages that encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, boycotting of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict trade.
Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate:
- Prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale
- Salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data
- Allocation of market shares, sales territories, or customers
- Selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
In the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of the FTF we will take all appropriate action. In order to preserve a respectful climate, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate access to this community for anyone found in violation of these guidelines.
We respect your privacy
Any information you provide to us in your individual profile, including your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address, will not be released or sold to anyone outside of our organization except as noted below.
The information designated on your organizational profile is publicly available through our website, www.fairtradefederation.org. It is also available in PDF format to the public and other members. To reduce risk of abuse, we do not distribute this information in excel format. We also do not distribute your individual profile information.
Sharing of Information Collected Through This Site
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other member agreements; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
A "cookie" is a small data text file that is placed in your browser and allows us to recognize you each time you visit this site (personalization, etc.). Cookies themselves do not contain any personal information.
Remember the Risks Whenever You Use the Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information.